Monday, April 4, 2011

Skirting Around the Issue


The Hot Pink Perspective
By: ‘The Fashion Massiah’

Does anyone remember the ole' high school days, when girls were only allowed to wear skirts no shorter than edge of their finger tips to class? Well I would like to make that an official lifelong fashion rule. Over the weekend, I was invited to a very popular night club downtown, and to my surprise, despite being in the VIP suite, there seemed to be an abundance of girls parading around in t-shirts as cocktail dresses. Did I miss the memo? Is this the new trend in cocktail attire, because I seemed to have missed that style tip in this month’s WWD issue. I actually witnessed one girl raising her arms in effort to wave to her friend from across the bar, and in doing so her dressed rose up three inches subsequently inviting the entire night club to get a look-see at her latest bikini wax. I'd like to believe that I'm not a prudent person, however I was in a crowd that was showing me a whole new meaning of the phrase; throw caution into the wind. Do yourselves a solid, fashionista’s, and remember that there is a level of appropriate style of dress in every situation, and unless you're working as a late night exotic dancer, and it’s your turn to present your routine to prospective clients; be sure that your outfit for a night out includes some underpants and a skirt that doesn't ride up to your shoulders when you raise your arm to hail the taxi for the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment